Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Last Day in UK Office

Last night I had a real nice Italian dinner of rice balls and then spinach gnocchis. We then went to an Irish pub in which a couple of guys were singing songs like "My Father Is a Brakeman". On a whim, I played the only Pogues song on the jukebox, Faerytale of New York, to which people got up and danced, clapping and singing along.

Got back to the room at 11, fell asleep around 12:30, and woke up to screaming pigeons outside my window at 5 am. Took a shower, ate breakfast, walked to Starbucks, and then met up with the other 3 guys I'm with (it's 3 now, the VP of Australia is tagging along).

They have an honor system with the bar in the room. I had 3 bottled waters and told them, as I'm a nice guy.

I'm in the office until 2:30 (it's 9:30 am right now). I'm going out to lunch with my teammates at noon, and then get picked up at 2:30 and taken to the train station. I'll post some pictures later on.

Cheers!

1 comment:

dad said...

keep us posted on the train. very interested on something that runs under the English Channel. Sure would have made the Normandy landing a lot easier.