Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Free Man in Paris

OK, I just lost another hour (Paris is 6 hours ahead of EST.

Here's some pictures. I left the office at 2:15 pm today in the UK and took the train to Waterloo station. Here's a horrible picture of it as we approached:

This is the departure board for the Eurostar trains out of Waterloo:
Here's a Eurostar train. We had first class, so the seat were sort of like first class on a plane.
Typical row of English housing:
We started out trip with a bottle of wine (one of those half bottles or whatever):
Then we were served our first course, salmon, potatoes (I have 2 because Jay doesn't like salmon), Brie, and for some reason, pie. Also,another bottle of wine.
Second course came, it was haddock quiche (Jay liked his, hence only one for me). another bottle of wine.
I then crossed the chunnel, and after 3 hours or so, arrived in Paris. Here's me in the hotel room bathroom.
Here's what $300 will get you. This is from the front door. That's a glass enclosed shower in the middle of the room, which led lights that change color.
Bed and swanky chair. The windows have no screens as there seem to be no bugs in Europe.

Bed and shower. The LED lights have turned blue.
View outside my windows. Beats the old roof and pigeons like in the UK
Other way outside
And, in case you think I'm on vacation, this is what I look like after travelling all day and not getting any sleep this week.

I'm getting picked up tomorrow at noon, so I'll head out early and take pictures. I have to swap out some equipment in the office (the whole reason for my trip). Hopefuly it goes well.
I'll update in the morning. Good night









No comments: